Hauz Khas Fort, located in Hauz Khas Village, Delhi is a peaceful area, where people are going to experience pleasures in their leisure time and apart from this it is also the old history of the country. This fort was built in the medieval period in 1284 AD and along with this a huge lake was constructed here to supply water to the dwelling here. Apart from being a heritage of history, it is also a famous picnic spot that thousands of people visit every day in their free time alone and with family.
Click here to know about the Metro Museum, Delhi.
The area of this water tank was about 50 hectares, whose width is 600 meters and length is 700 meters, while it was about 4 meters deep. But due to the encroachment made over time, its size has decreased.
Click here to visit National War Memorial Delhi
History Of Hauz Khas Fort
This fort was built around 1284 and was built by Alauddin Khilji, who was the ruler of the place. This fort was the first capital of the Muslim rulers of India at that time and during this time the rule of Delhi Muslim rulers started.
This fort is called Hauz Khas Fort, in the Urdu language, Hauz Khas means pond. This fort was built where there was a huge water tank or pond, so it was called Hauz Khas Fort. After Alauddin Khilji, many other rulers also ruled here who had built many madrasas, pavilions, mosques, mausoleums, etc.
Know about the Shaktipeeth temple in the Maihar district of Madhya Pradesh.
Firoz Shah’s tomb is the most frequent and beautiful building in this entire complex which was built by Firoz Shah himself. This mausoleum treats the people who come to Yanha in its own way. Right now this tomb is not being taken care of properly, due to which it has now reached a dilapidated condition. The fort was also ruled by Sikandar Lodi. The one who had built some buildings and buildings in this fort, which were later converted into madrasas and collages, was given the knowledge of Islamic education.
At present, the fort is the main center of tourist attraction, the vast meadows and green trees of this place make people feel happy. People come to Yanha in their spare time to feel at peace and spend their valuable time with family.
Click here for interesting information about Red Fort.
Why was this fort built?
Hauz Khas Village Fort was built by Alauddin Khilji in Hauz Khas Village of Delhi. This fort was built to eliminate the problem of water supply for the residents of Delhi so that the residents of the city could get pure water. Huge water tanks were constructed at this place, due to which the entire Delhi city was being raised.
Click here to know about Delhi Sarojini Market.
Interesting facts about Hauz Khas fort
- The construction of this fort was started by Alauddin Khilji and first, huge water royal tanks were built here. And that is, the residents of the fort used to live full of water.
- This fort was built in 1284 and it is the oldest and most beautiful fort of that time.
- Apart from the water tank in this complex, there is also a madrasa, mosque, tomb of Firoz Shah, and 6 pavilions.
- This fort is located in the Hauz Khas Village area, there are many restaurants and food shops where you can enjoy the food of your choice. There are also pubs and bars where you can enjoy the party.
- Firoz Shah’s tomb is the most beautiful building in this complex. Which was built by Firoz Shah himself.
- This fort gives you wonderful peace, if you are bored with your daily routine, then definitely visit here.
Click here for History of Taj Mahal
How to Reach
The best way to reach Hauz Khas fort is via metro. Hauz Khas Metro Station on the yellow line is the nearest metro station to Hauz Khas fort. Another nearby metro station is Green Park station, also on the yellow line.
Click on the link to know about Gurdwara Bangla Sahib.
Timings: The fort is open from Monday to Saturday from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
The entry to this place is ₹25 for Indians and ₹300 for foreigners.
Know about Golden Temple Amritsar. Click for Details
Google Map and Address
H53V+7C6, Hauz Khas Fort Rd, Hauz Khas Village, Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Click here to know about Jabalpur’s Waterfall Bhedaghat.
Images of Hauz Khas Village Fort
Click here to know about ISKCON Temple.
Video of Hauz Khas Village Fort
Click here to know about Delhi Handcrafted Bazaar Dilli Haat.
Other Tourist Places in Delhi
If you have come to Delhi to see Hauz Khas Fort, then definitely see Delhi in Places.
- Red Fort
- Akshardham Temple
- India Gate
- Humayun Tomb
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Garden of Five Senses
- Qutub Minar
- Jama Masjid
- National Museum
- Connaught Place shopping
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Ji
- Lodhi Garden
- Jantar Mantar
- Dilli haat INA
- Shri Laxmi Narayan Temple (Birla Mandir)
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- Safdarjung Tomb
- National Zoological Park
- Shri Kalka Ji Temple
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum
- ISKCON Temple Delhi-Glory Of India & Vedic Cultural Centre, New Delhi
- Deer Park
- Shree Adya Katyayani Shaktipeeth Mandir
- Waste to Wonder Theme Park
- Shree Hanuman Temple
- Adham Khan’s Tomb
- Amar Jawan Jyoti
- Sultanpur National Park
- Metro Museum, Delhi
- Delhi Haat INA
- Kalkaji Mandir (Temple)
- Lotus Temple
- DLF Mall Saket, Delhi
- Select City Mall Saket, Delhi
- International Doll Museum
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary
- Rail Museum, Delhi
Click to know about the beautiful Park (Garden) of Katni Madhya Pradesh.